Dear friends and family,
We are eager to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope this letter finds you healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into new routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. We are still coming to terms with the COVID-19 pandemic and the events triggered by it. We want to update you on our office reopening and the steps we are taking to ensure that we do everything possible to keep our patients, our team, and our community safe and healthy.
While our office has been closed, our team has been busy preparing for your safe return. We are ready to see patients again beginning on June 1st. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure our patients’ safety and well-being. Our office will be implementing new safety protocols, as mandated by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia and the Provincial Health Office.
We are rescheduling patients in a way that will allow us to serve everyone with resuming their preventive care. Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your next hygiene appointment. We currently have an accurate and comprehensive list of every appointment that was cancelled.
- Patients with dental emergencies who require urgent care will receive priority treatment.
- You will be sent a pre-screening health questionnaire 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. You must complete this questionnaire before we can see you at our office. COVID-19 Patient Screening Form. Click Here to View Screening Form
- One hour prior to your appointment you will receive a second text. Upon your arrival at our clinic, please virtually “check-in” by replying to the text to let us know that you have arrived and then wait for further instruction. We will let you know when we are ready for you to enter the building.
- Only patients who will be receiving treatment are allowed in the office. The only exception is for children requiring a caregiver, and then only one parent may accompany the patient.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. If you do not have your own, we will provide one to you. Please keep in mind that personal protective equipment is in short supply.
- If possible, use the washroom before your arrival. Our washrooms will be available if necessary.
- We suggest you wear warm clothing if you get cold easily but leave bulky jackets or other large personal items in your vehicle
- We will ask you to use a hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- Please respectfully maintain the 2-meter physical distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- Your temperature will be taken using a touchless thermometer. If your temperature is above 38.0 Celsius, you will be asked to leave the office, and we will reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to use an anti-viral mouthwash for 60 seconds.
- Your planned dental treatment will be performed. You will notice that we will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment for some procedures.
- Upon completion of your appointment, you will be asked to reapply hand sanitize, wear your mask, and proceed to the reception desk for payment and check-out.
- Our washrooms are available if needed and will be sanitized after each use
- For everyone’s safety, all staff members, including the doctor, will have their temperature taken and complete the same pre-screening health questionnaire each day before work.
We love our patients and enjoy chatting with you during your appointment. Please understand that conversations will at times be reduced to allow for physical distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment rooms and sterilization of instruments. Our primary goal is to keep you safe and healthy.
We are truly grateful for every one of our patients. It has always been a privilege to serve you to the best of our abilities, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with exceptional care.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office at (250) 334-3356 or email email@example.com .
Dr. Wade Luksay and the Riverway Dental Team
Make an Appointment with Our Dentist in Courtenay
Protect your oral health and smile with confidence by visiting Riverway Dental in the beautiful Comox Valley. An experienced dentist in Courtenay, Dr. Wade Luksay, DMD, offers a range of general and cosmetic dental services to meet the unique needs of you and your family. Dr. Luksay and his team of dental assistants and hygienists have years of experience serving patients of all ages.
Are you ready to improve your oral health? Our dentist in Courtenay will customize a treatment plan according to your exact clinical needs. Make an appointment to get started. We also encourage you to meet our team .
We enjoy getting you started on a path of good oral health and recommend regular exams and cleaning to maintain your smile. With early morning appointments available, we are able to work around your busy schedule. If you are looking to get appointments for multiple family members at the same time, we make every effort to accommodate you. Riverway Dental strives to provide an extraordinary dental experience.